Wednesday, May 28, 2008

next adventure chioces

1) restart the Appalachian Trail
2) start the Continental Divide Trail
3) start a working farm on my parents land in Kentucky


I'd love to continue slacking. It has been great. I feel like so many of you folks out there that haven't picked up the hoe. Fuckers.

On the other hand, living on the farm would mean being pretty secluded socially from the types of people I click with on a regular basis.

On the third hand, rejoining any hiking trial will put me closer to debt, though fulfilling the need to be closer to nature, and possibly meeting people in the same situation.

What the hell am I doing? Giving up the sailing vessel in any case, but still can't work out the next step. Are these changes so hard for others?

1 comment:

  1. Tom- my brother in law sent me your blog because we look very much alike. In beyond a freaky way actually. Do you have a regular email address so I can send you a picture (I'm older, but my coworkers thought your picture was me). Unlike you apparently I have a job. But as a hiker and general outdoor enthusiast, I will enjoy reading more about your adventures.

    Mike

    mike.s.landon@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete